ORGANIC COTTON BENEFITS
Why choose Organic cotton?
The simple answer is it feels much more pleasant to wear against your skin and is a better quality fabric than mass produced cotton.
Unlike mass produced cotton, the fibres of organic cotton have not been broken down by the use of pesticides making it stronger and more durable.
This means it works out as much better value for money and results in less waste making it environmentally and economically sustainable.
Choosing organic cotton means even after years of wearing and washing, your favourite top will maintain its feel, look, and shape.
Extra benefits of Organic Cotton:
- No toxic chemicals or pesticides are used in the growing of organic cotton. Not only does this mean clothing made from organic cotton is softer and more durable but more importantly the water sources are kept clean and safe for the local populations where it is grown.
- It does not damage the soil it is grown on, making it more sustainable and as a result protecting the long-term livelihoods of farmers and their families.
- It uses 88% less water than mass produced cotton. According the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) it takes 20,000 litres to produce 1kg of mass produced cotton, the equivalent of a single t-shirt or a pair of jeans. This matters because by 2025 two-thirds of the world could be facing water shortage and the impacts of this would have a devastating effect of the local population and knock on effects for the wider global community.
- When you buy organic cotton you are making a conscious choice to invest in water conservation, cleaner air, better soil and the sustainability of farmers’ livelihoods.
- Organic cotton is grown from organic cotton seeds. Cotton seed oil is used in a variety of food products such as cookies, chips and is also fed to livestock. Organic cotton means not only better clothing but healthier food for us.
- By choosing organic cotton you make the choice to buy better quality items and pursue a more thoughtful approach to consumerism.
- And finally choosing organic cotton just makes sense; it feels nicer, lasts longer, and saves you money. What’s not to love!